Saturday, July 31, 2010

Introduction and first update

So this is my first blog posting....ever!   I think it makes sense to do a quick introduction of who I am.   I'm a father of two very active little boys, Holden (6) and Tate (2) and live in New Hamburg, Ontario.   I've been married to my awesome and supporting wife Deanna for almost 13 years now.

I did my first triathlon back in 2006 in Sherkston Shores.   It was a sprint race which was part of the Subaru series in Ontario.    In 2007, I stepped up and decided to get the season pass for the Subaru series and did all of the races except the Peterborough half.   For the past few years, I've usually done about 7 or 8 races per year mixing it up between the Subaru series and the Multisport Canada series.   I've slowly progressed each year, doing a little better as the years go by.   When it's not "triathlon season" I do try to stay active with some road and trail running.   A current list of all my races where Sportstats was the official timer can be seen in the link below.

http://www.sportstats.ca/find-an-athlete-find-a-race-search.php?lang=eng&first=luke&last=ehgoetz&city=&month=&year=&race=

I've done a number of races (both triathlon and running) where Chiptime was the official timer.   This includes all the Multisport races and also a number of road races as part of the Run Waterloo running series.   In the fall of 2009, I also did the 25K trail race, Run for the Toad, where I had a good race and finished 18th or so out of 800 plus runners.

For the past two seasons, I've done the Muskoka 70.3 up in Huntsville, Ontario.  In 2009, I actually finished 5th in my AG out of 185 athletes.

The rest of my blogs will attempt to document my training and racing adventures.   I will try to include as many race reports and pictures as I can.   I hope you enjoy following along...

No comments:

Post a Comment